Chiropractic Care for Knee Pain
The knees are important parts of the body and are used for many different movements. Since they are used so often, the knees are prone to injuries and pain. Knee and joint pain can become debilitating and make it hard to walk or stand. However, chiropractic care can help. At Advanced Chiropractic Group in Santa Barbara, CA, our chiropractor provides natural treatment methods for knee pain.
Causes of Knee Pain
Knee pain is a common ailment that can be caused by a variety of conditions and injuries. Here are some of the most common causes.
- Tendonitis: Inflamed tendons caused by running, jogging, cycling, and sports like basketball can cause tendonitis of the patellar tendon. Tendonitis is caused by overuse and can take a long time to recover from if not properly treated.
- Sprains and strains: Sudden twists or impacts to the knee can cause ligaments to strain, pull, and sprain.
- Torn cartilage: This is a painful injury that often occurs with sprains and strains. Pain occurs when the menisci pads of tissue in the knee tear.
- Arthritis: Both osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis can affect the knee joint. Osteoarthritis causes the cartilage to wear away over time. This is most common in middle-aged people and older.
Knee Pain Symptoms
Symptoms of knee pain vary based on the injury and its severity. Common knee pain symptoms include:
- Pain when standing or bending the knee
- Trouble walking
- Swelling and redness
- Popping noises in the knee
- Inability to put weight on the knee
Treating Knee Pain
When you visit us for knee pain, our chiropractor will perform a physical exam to look for the cause of your pain. After a diagnosis, we will create a personalized treatment plan for you.
If your body is misaligned, our chiropractor will use a spinal adjustment to realign the spine and alleviate pressure on the knee joint. If the injury is in your knee, our chiropractor can use cold laser therapy or trigger point therapy to reduce inflammation and promote healing in the joint. We might also use massage therapy to alleviate pain in the soft tissues around the knee. Our chiropractor can give you corrective exercises to improve your range of motion, as well.
Visit Our Chiropractor in Santa Barbara, CA for Knee Pain Treatment
If you are suffering from knee or joint pain, we can help. At Advanced Chiropractic Group in Santa Barbara, CA, our chiropractor provides effective treatment options for knee pain. We will help you return to a pain-free life. Call us today to schedule an appointment.