Knee Pain Treatment
Knee pain is one of the most commonly reported types of joint pain among chronic pain sufferers. For those with knee pain, it can be difficult to complete daily activities such as running, walking, or exercising without feeling immense amounts of pain. When you suffer from knee pain, no task is easy, and it's important to get help right away from a chiropractor who can help improve your quality of life.
At Advanced Chiropractic Group, we're here to help our clients in Santa Barbara, CA, by providing effective pain relief and pain management for knee pain. We'll get to the root cause of your pain and determine why you're experiencing this type of joint pain. We'll also help manage your pain and reduce it to minimal levels or help get rid of it completely. Our chiropractor is ready to help!
What Causes Knee Pain?
If you move around a lot, there's virtually no activity that is done without the use of your knee. Your knee is responsible for helping provide movement for your legs, and it is susceptible to pain due to:
- Wear and tear: This is especially true for older people, who might be suffering from a condition known as osteoarthritis. Other types of arthritis can also cause knee pain.
- Injuries due to accidents or sports: Athletes, in particular, are susceptible to knee pain due to overuse of the knee or an individual sports injury.
- Muscle strains or sprains: These cause pain around the joint and can be caused by a hyperextension of the knee.
- Dislocated bones in the knee: This is one of the more common types of dislocation injuries that can lead to joint pain.
Because there are various causes of knee pain, it's important to visit a chiropractor to narrow down your knee pain and provide the best treatment.
Pain Relief from a Chiropractor
Your chiropractor will provide you with effective pain management treatment, which can include:
- Massage therapy around the joint: This can help reduce inflammation and redness that accompanies knee pain.
- Manual adjustments: Chiropractic adjustments will help realign any dislocated bones, such as the patella.
- Strengthening exercises: Corrective exercises to help the surrounding tissues gain mobility and flexibility around the knee joint.
- Laser therapy: Cold laser therapy will help repair damaged tissues around the knee joint
Your chiropractor will determine which of the treatments can benefit your knee pain and conduct a physical exam to provide you with the most accurate diagnosis.
Find the Best Pain Management for Knee Pain at Advanced Chiropractic Group
At Advanced Chiropractic Group, we want to help you find relief fast from knee pain. Call us today at (805) 681-7322 to schedule an appointment at our clinic in Santa Barbara, CA!